Emilien Macchi is a Senior Principal Software Engineer at Red Hat. He is French and lives in Canada. He contributes to OpenStack nearly since the inception of the open-source project.
I had the pleasure to get Emilien on Le Podcast to discuss how learning and sharing were essential ways of growing his career in Software Engineering.
We covered many topics: peer reviews, pair programming, remote work (he thinks that collaboration is easier and better remotely). Of course, I also asked what he thinks are the most important things to develop as a coder (spoiler, it is not only technical skills).
As Emilien is also one of the first people who let a text review on Goodreads, I asked him what he thought of I am a Software Engineer and I am in Charge: The book that helps increase your impact and satisfaction at work.
Le Podcast – Season Two
- The Gift of Play with Portia Tung
- Delivering Delight with Avi Liran
- Build a Product with Gojko Adzic
- Hiring and Diversity with Lucinda Duncalfe
- Leadership and Teamwork with Jeremy Brown
- Community and Leadership with Scott Amenta
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Can Software Teams learn from Sporting Teams?
- Agile and Open Innovation with Mary Provinciatto
- Radical Focus with Christina Wodtke
- Human-Centric Agility Coaching
- The Job of an Open Leader – Preethi Thomas
Le Podcast – Season One
- Grow your Software Engineering Career with Emilien
- Jason’s Thirteen Rules of a Team
- All about OKRs with Bart
- Do you want 10x Engineers?
- The Anatomy of Peace
- Psychological Safety
- When your team is distributed
- Changing Your Team with John Poelstra
- Coming to terms with terms – Michael DeLanzo
- How (not) to provide feedback – John Poelstra
- How to deal with your stars – Frank Jansen
- Do cultural differences influence the adoption of agile?
- How to create great goals?
- Celebrating the audiobook with Michael Reid
- How to form a team?