In this episode, I had the great pleasure of having Frank Jansen join Le Podcast to discuss how to deal with stars.
In a previous post, Care Personally, I touched about how Kim Scott defines Radical Candor: Care Personally and Challenge Directly.
- Rock stars are a source of stability for the team, people very talented, and they will keep doing it for years.
- Superstars are a source of growth for the team; they want to change everything; they are looking to grow at their next level.
Frank explained how he supports the growth of people in his team, how he builds diversity in the team, how he creates the conditions of a fearless organization with the goal that the team is able to manage itself, and, in the end, how the team gets incredibly great results.
I am eager to hear your feedback, so drop me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org, on Twitter or LinkedIn. You can also use those channels to propose the next question you want Le Podcast to answer. We can even record the answer together!
Where to listen:
Le Podcast – Season Two
- Leadership and Teamwork with Jeremy Brown
- Community and Leadership with Scott Amenta
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Can Software Teams learn from Sporting Teams?
- Agile and Open Innovation with Mary Provinciatto
- Radical Focus with Christina Wodtke
- Human-Centric Agility Coaching
- The Job of an Open Leader – Preethi Thomas
Le Podcast – Season One
- Grow your Software Engineering Career with Emilien
- Jason’s Thirteen Rules of a Team
- All about OKRs with Bart
- Do you want 10x Engineers?
- The Anatomy of Peace
- Psychological Safety
- When your team is distributed
- Changing Your Team with John Poelstra
- Coming to terms with terms – Michael DeLanzo
- How (not) to provide feedback – John Poelstra
- How to deal with your stars – Frank Jansen
- Do cultural differences influence the adoption of agile?
- How to create great goals?
- Celebrating the audiobook with Michael Reid
- How to form a team?