John recommended the book in our previous conversation on how (not) to provide feedback. I read it twice and fell in love with it. John mentioned that in Changing Your Team From The Inside, I said that Change starts with you, it seems The Anatomy of Peace pushes it further: change starts with who you are.
The highlights of the conversations:
- When your heart is at peace or your heart is at war,
- When people are doing the right thing, a good opportunity for positive reinforcement,
- Our body gives us signals to listen to when our heart is at war,
- What about those times when we consider people as objects, obstacles, or considering them as people, other human beings,
- The idea of being stuck in a box (I deserve, better than, the need to be seen as, the worse than) and how it could map with the responsibility process of Christopher Avery,
- We have the choice to honor or betray our senses and desires,
- The idea of judging others and judging ourselves,
- The practice of Hoʻoponopono,
- The connection with the practice of meditation.
Find more information and resources about The Anatomy of Peace on the Arbinger Institute website.
Le Podcast – Season Two
- The Gift of Play with Portia Tung
- Delivering Delight with Avi Liran
- Build a Product with Gojko Adzic
- Hiring and Diversity with Lucinda Duncalfe
- Leadership and Teamwork with Jeremy Brown
- Community and Leadership with Scott Amenta
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Can Software Teams learn from Sporting Teams?
- Agile and Open Innovation with Mary Provinciatto
- Radical Focus with Christina Wodtke
- Human-Centric Agility Coaching
- The Job of an Open Leader – Preethi Thomas
Le Podcast – Season One
- Grow your Software Engineering Career with Emilien
- Jason’s Thirteen Rules of a Team
- All about OKRs with Bart
- Do you want 10x Engineers?
- The Anatomy of Peace
- Psychological Safety
- When your team is distributed
- Changing Your Team with John Poelstra
- Coming to terms with terms – Michael DeLanzo
- How (not) to provide feedback – John Poelstra
- How to deal with your stars – Frank Jansen
- Do cultural differences influence the adoption of agile?
- How to create great goals?
- Celebrating the audiobook with Michael Reid
- How to form a team?